Research and Development
A large IAM project required an intuitive interface for role-based access and rights management. The interface should provide the ability to search for users, assign roles, see their permissions as well as their AD groups in an intuitive responsive interface. At the same time, new workflows for role based access, life time and monitoring had to be established.
- Creation of a web portal for role- and rights management
- Establishing a connection to the existing MicroFocus role solution
- Development of new role-based workflows and processes, as well as training and support
- Maintenance of existing infrastructure
- Design and creation of a restful API
- Django for the roles- and rights management tool backend (backend is a REST interface)
- Angular for the easy frontend interaction
- HTML5/CSS3/Bootstrap3 for the frontend
- Ansible + Docker for 1-click deployments
- Novell eDirectory
- A web based tool for an intuitive role assignment and administration .
- Online overview of company structures, projects, etc.
- Tools for role review, reporting and troubleshooting
Research and Development
Responsible for infrastructure architecture with regard on the future development and tool selectsion in the field of identity and access management
- Selection of future-proof tools for a large infrastructure
- Infrastructure migration into a cloudstack cloud
- Quality assurance in terms of documentation
- Tool development for infrastructure overview
- Development of ansible modules for client
- Migration from SLES11 to SLES12
- Python for custom tool development,
- Ansible for infrastructure migration and cloud configuration
- Django for Visualization
- Ansible module for SLES12 System + Package registration
- Python tool for ACL-administration in cloud
- Fully automated migration of old systems into cloud with ansible playbooks/roles
- Django tool on LDAP - Schema Review
Research and Development industry
Responsible for infrastruture architechture/automation as well as custom tool development on a project for directory services and identity/access management in a large heterogenious environment.
- Design and implementation of update and deployment process automation
- Quality assurance by design of infrastructure monitoring, centralized logging solutions and documentation
- Customized tool creation for ldap operations
- Installation and maintanence of single sign on solutions
- Customer support in ldap/infrastructural/programming concerns
- Ansible for infrastructure automation and configuration management
- Python for custom Tool development
- nxLog + rsyslog + graylog for logging infrastructure
- NOVELL eDirectory
- Shibboleth as identity Provider combined with ldap
- SLES 11
- Git for configuration and documentation versioning
- Drastically accelerated (~20x faster) the update process and improved its reliability by introduction of centralized configuration management.
- Extended the python-ldap library with interfaces for simplified access and modification of LDAP-Objects and searches.
- Introduction of a complete and reliable centralized logging solution including log filtering and alerting for both windows and linux systems.
Responsible for data transformation and tool customization on a migration (legacy c++ code from solaris to linux systems) project. The tasks include
- Tool development for identification of critical spots in code
- Legacy code analysis
- Quality assurance
- Department-wide training in python
- Consulting in topics of migration to git
- Implementing code coverage and dynamic code checker for c++ legacy source code based on gcov
- Introduction of Python + Environment in project
Responsible for the infrastructure including performance and quality assurance on a large social media project.
- Organization and care of a cloud network (Debian systems)
- Support for software developers
- Configuration of open source tools for code quality and documentation
- Implementation of performance checks
- Implementation of automated reports on code quality and performance
- Python + Django for tool development
- Sonar as static and dynamic tool for code analysis
- OpenLDAP for user rights management
- JIRA as the issue tracking/SCRUM tool
- Customized wiki and documentation application for developers with jenkins and git integration
- Improvement of the overall code quality by raising test coverage (+ ~30%) and identification + elimination of potential code flaws
Accenture Tech. Solutions
Large public service project with the goal to establish a platform for handling of finance processes with a very high number of transactions. Main focus was the migration of legacy data, by assuring data quality and transformation into various formats
- Customer consulting with regard to loading/unloading interfaces
- Definition of requirements for transformation of legacy data
- Implementation of algorithms for data transformation
- Tool development for secure data transport
- Tool development for tests of data quality/interface implementation
- Standard Linux tools, such as awk, sed, grep, ...
- Python for in-depth data anlysis
- JAVA for transport layers
- IBM DataStage
- Definition of uniform standards
- Introduction of the standard linux stack as global toolset for data analysis in project
2009 - 2011
M. Sc. Physics
Main thematic priority of those master studies was numerical time series analysis of non-linear dynamical systems. Besides data analysis and transformation, great importance was attached to fast algorithms and efficient software architecture. In the master thesis a numerical approach for the detection of the direction of interaction was proposed. Analysis of this new approach was performed with the help computer simulations to find out its limits and to compare it to another commonly used approaches. This numerical approach was highly optimised for cluster computing and implemented in c++ . For those purposes a distributed computing cluster had to be set up and administrated.
B. Sc Physics
The topic for the bachelor's thesis was 'Feshbach resonance'. A numerical application was built to calculate the diagrams.
Open Source Tools
LPIC 1 - Linux administrator
Certificate issued by the Linux Professional Institute to
prove abilities in Linux administration.
Click here to find out more.
IBM InfoSphere Advanced DataStage Essentials
Intense course about the ETL technologies and the use of IBM DataStage.
Jump Start Program
Two months full-time training in object oriented programming in Java SE/EE, software development, testing and modern enterprise web-frameworks. Other topics were object oriented design patterns, test driven development, SQL databases and webservers in java environment (Tomcat/Glasfish/JBoss/Jetty)
It is important for me to stay up to date with the newest topics in the field of IT. In DevOps it is also important to have a general overview and a hands-on experience on them. Therefore besides intense article studies I also keep myself up to date with online classes. Here you can see which topics I have covered